Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Max!

Can you believe we've gone from this....
...to this already?
Max is such a good and smart boy, I guess I can believe he's five but what I can't believe is that I'm five years older than when I had that little chubby bundle!
He woke up the morning of his birthday and the VERY first thing he said was, "Mommy, can I open my presents now?"
We let him open one and then opened the rest after breakfast.
Then in the afternoon, we took off for some birthday camping at Warm Springs! We set up our new tent, built a fire, roasted hotdogs, smores and starbursts and even went swimming in the warm spring pool! It was actually lots of fun, the kids all slept great (Neil, not so great) and we survived well enough that we think we'll do it again soon!
Neil and I took Max out to dinner, just the three of us, the next night. We went to an asian bistro where we sat at the hibachi/tepanyaki table and got to watch the chef cook right in front of us, we ate sushi and Max was able to order his "favorite chicken" (sesame chicken). Gotta love restaurants that do it all!
We just finished the birthday festivities off last night with a little party and a few friends at home!
Happy Birthday Max, we love you!

Stay tuned....I've got Easter and County Fair catch up to do!

4 comments:

Seegmiller Six said...

seriously he's five? I guess he'd have to be since RAchel is too - but then I can't believe that either! :) Happy Birthday max! sounds like it was great! I didn't know you could go camp by yourselves at warm springs?! that's so cool! :)

Tringali Family said...

Oh Warm Springs! How fun. Happy Birthday Max!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Max!!!!

Let us know next time you camp at Warm Springs. Maybe, maybe we'd go to. Well, I know all my kids would love to go, but I'm not so sure about it :)

Sarah Sidwell said...

HAPYY BIRTHDAY MAX!!!